Multidirectional expanded PTFE gasket from the spool
multidirectional ePTFE gasket tape for metallic and glass lined flanges, TA-Luft certified – FDA compliant
multiFlon® Tape is the high-quality seal for reducing maintenance and material costs for large pipelines and metallic or enamelled apparatus flanges!
multiFlon® Tape is a multidirectional ePTFE gasket tape made from 100% pure PTFE.
After simple, application-specific installation, the result is a high-quality and efficient seal whose properties are directly comparable with a seal made of sheet material.
The multi-directional ePTFE gives the material excellent creep resistance to ensure a permanently tight and blow-out proof seal.
multiFlon® ePTFE gasket tapes are self-adhesive on one side, flexible and extremely adaptable.
multiFlon® gasket tapes in the “GMP” version are available for demanding applications with high purity requirements.
Agitators, columns, pumps, housings, all large flange connections, also with higher unevenness, boilers (for TRD401 use the gasket specially approved for this purpose) as well as heat exchangers in various industrial sectors.
all flange types in force main connection
- Sealing surfaces and materials
Steel, aluminium, Inconel®, other metallic alloys, GRP, enamelled steel components
- 100 % pure multidirectionally expanded PTFE
- chemically inert (for applications in contact with pure alkali metals and fluorine gas please contact our technical service)
- can also be used at elevated temperatures
- optimal adaptability
- no cold flow and therefore dimensionally stable
- easy and quick to assemble
- high tightness and long service life
- Complies with TA-Luft (tested according to VDI 2440)
- reduces plant and operating costs
100 % pure multidirectionally expanded PTFE
- Temperature resistance of the sealing material
-240°C to +270°C, briefly up to +315°C
- Chemical Resistance
Chemically resistant to all media from pH 0 to 14, except molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine (for advice please contact our technical service).
- Recommended Field of Application
Vacuum up to 68 bar (1000 psig), depending on the installation surface pressure
- Tests / Approvals / Certificates
TÜV-tested according to TA-Luft (VDI 2440) up to 230 °C
Material complies with FDA 21 CFR 177.1550 (PTFE)
and FDA 21 CFR 175.105 (adhesive)
BAM for gaseous and liquid oxygen
for version GMP:
EG1935 with the associated guidelines on migration and GMP