multiFlon® Tape HP
multidirectional expanded PTFE gasket tape of the new generation
multidirectional ePTFE gasket from the spool, with improved properties, TA-Luft certified – FDA compliant
multiFlon® Tape Style HP is the new generation of multidirectionally expanded PTFE gasket tapes for use in metallic pipelines and apparatus flanges.
The optimised fibre structure of this new material leads to significantly improved creep resistance and lower settling behaviour compared to previously used products.
multiFlon® Tape Style HP is self-adhesive on one side, flexible and compressible. Due to the good deformability, the seal adapts optimally to flange unevenness and roughness.
multiFlon® Tape Style HP is made from 100% pure ePTFE and therefore offers optimum durability, even in the most demanding applications.
Thanks to the use of the highest quality raw materials and regulated production, this gasket tape is also available as a GMP-compliant material.
Agitators, columns, pumps, housings, all large flange connections, also with higher unevenness, boilers (for TRD401)
use the seal specially approved for this purpose) as well as heat exchangers in various industrial sectors.
all flange types in force main connection
- Sealing surfaces and materials
Steel, aluminium, titanium, Inconel® and other metallic alloys
- 100 % pure multidirectionally expanded PTFE
- chemically inert (for applications in contact with pure alkali metals and fluorine gas please contact our technical service)
- can also be used at elevated temperatures
- very adaptable
- no cold flow and therefore dimensionally stable
- Individually adaptable and quick to assemble
- high tightness and long service life
- increases operational safety
- complies with TA-Luft (tested according to VDI 2440, 2200, 2290))
100 % pure multidirectional expanded PTFE (ePTFE)
- Temperature resistance of the sealing material
-240°C to +270°C, briefly up to +315°C
- Chemical Resistance
Chemically resistant to all media from pH 0 to 14, except molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine (for advice please contact our technical service).
- Recommended Field of Application
Vacuum up to 68 bar (1000 psig), depending on installation surface pressure and operating parameters
- Tests / Approvals / Certificates
tested according to TA-Luft up to 230 °C
complies with FDA 21 CFR 177.1550 (PTFE)
and FDA 21 CFR 175.105 (adhesive)
BAM for gaseous oxygen