Microstructured PTFE gasket sheets with silicon dioxide (SiO2)
microFlon PTFE gasket sheets, filled with finely dispersed silicon dioxide, TA-Luft certified – FDA compliant
microFlon® fawn is the universal PTFE seal for applications in the chemical industry.
Finely dispersed silicate fillers give microFlon® fawn very good cold flow resistance and good relaxation properties, even at elevated temperatures.
Due to its very diffusion-tight and uniform structure, microFlon® fawn is the ideal seal for high demands on lowest emissions.
Even at low installation surface pressures, the gasket material offers reliable safety and the lowest leakage rates.
Piping systems, apparatus flanges, temperature-stressed components
Steel flanges or other metallic flange systems
Highly aggressive chemicals, common media in chemical and petrochemical applications
- 100 % modified PTFE, with inorganic filler
- Good stability under alternating thermal load
- chemically inert (for applications in contact with pure alkali metals and fluorine gas please contact our technical service)
- Suitable for elevated temperatures up to +230 °C
- Inhibited against “cold flow”
- High recovery
- Good electrical properties
modified PTFE, silicate-reinforced (SiO2)
- Temperature resistance of the sealing material
-210°C to +260°C
- chemical resistance
Chemically resistant to all media from pH 0 to 14, except molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine (for advice please contact our technical service).
- recommended field of application
Vacuum up to 55 bar *
at -180°C to +230°C *
* depending on the respective application
- Tests / Approvals / Certificates
tested according to TA-Luft (VDI 2440) up to +250 °C
and VDI 2290 at 23 °C and 40 bar