monoFlon® Gasket Tape Style KW
The PTFE Power Plant Gasket
Fibre-reinforced ePTFE gasket tape with high density, TÜV tested
Style KW – Gasket Tape is made of higher density ePTFE reinforced with inorganic fillers.
Due to the special process, the material has a homogeneous filler distribution, with an increased filler content.
Compared to conventional ePTFE gasket tapes, the fibre-reinforced PTFE exhibits improved properties at elevated temperatures – even in conjunction with greater unevenness.
The improved Style KW Gasket Tapes have a higher cross-sectional tightness than previous materials.
Due to their structural design, Style KW gasket tapes can withstand very high surface loads without destroying the material.
Installation errors due to overloading when tightening the bolts can thus be practically ruled out.
Especially for components in the power plant sector, such as preheaters or other heat exchangers, also with larger unevenness or corroded sealing surfaces
Steel flanges in the force main connection
Also suitable for sealing pipelines and apparatus with aggressive media from pH 0 to pH14
- very adaptable
- chemically universally resistant from pH 0 to pH14 (except molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine)
- easy to install
- improved adhesive system with high adhesive strength
- very good cross-sectional tightness
- no “caking” on the flange
- easy to remove
- universal sizes – low storage costs
virgin expanded PTFE with inorganic fillers
- Temperature resistance of the sealing material
-240°C to +270°C, briefly up to +315°C
- Chemical Resistance
Chemically resistant to all media from pH 0 to 14, except molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine (for advice please contact our technical service).
- Recommended Field of Application
Vacuum up to 25 bar *
at -200°C to +250°C *
* depending on the respective application