monoFlon® Gasket Tape Style DB
ePTFE Gasket Tape with full-surface adhesive backing
Style DB – Gasket Tape is a flat, thin ePTFE seal for universal use.
It can be used for full-surface applications as well as for narrow sealing surfaces on flat, rectangular components.
Style DB – Gasket Tape simply deforms into a very thin gasket profile and requires only low pressures to seal.
Style DB – Gasket Tape is the ideal choice where controlled compressed thickness is required and is ideal for low tolerance surfaces.
Different thicknesses and widths allow the user to select the material that is most suitable for him and to cut the seal on site as required, without any time-consuming preparatory work.
Style DB – Gasket Tape, is as FDA-compliant variant (PTFE and adhesive) suitable for indirect contact with food.
- universal application
- also suitable for low surface pressures
- easy to install and easy to remove
- reduces sealing costs to a minimum
- 100 % pure monodirectionally expanded PTFE
- easy to process
- chemically inert (for applications in contact with pure alkali metals and fluorine gas please contact our technical service)
- adapts optimally to uneven flanges
- low creep and good cold flow properties
- easy to install
- thin and evenly wide
- no chads and therefore no unnecessary waste
100 % pure monodirectionally expanded PTFE
- Temperature resistance of the sealing material
-240°C to +270°C, briefly up to +315°C
- Chemical Resistance
Chemically resistant to all media from pH 0 to 14, except molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine (for advice please contact our technical service).
- Ageing Resistance
PTFE is not subject to ageing, is UV-resistant and can be stored indefinitely. Storage for more than 12 months after delivery can lead to a loss of adhesive strength.
- Tests / Approvals / Certificates
Material complies with: FDA 21 CFR 177.1550 (PTFE), FDA 21 CFR 175.105 (adhesive)