Microstructured PTFE sheet with barium sulphate
microFlon® PTFE gasket sheet, filled with barium sulphate; TA-Luft certified
microFlon® barite is a sintered PTFE gasket with highly resistant filler, mainly for applications in the chemical industry.
Finely dispersed barium sulphate gives microFlon® barite improved cold flow resistance and good relaxation properties.
Due to the high chemical resistance of the filler, microFlon® barite can be used in contact with a variety of aggressive media.
Piping systems, apparatus flanges
Steel flanges or other metallic flange systems
Strong alkalis, weak acids, chlorine, common media in chemical and petrochemical applications
- 100 % pure PTFE with inorganic filler
- chemically inert (except for molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine, for advice please contact our technical service).
- Suitable for strong alkalis
- Inhibited against “cold flow”
- Good recovery
- Good electrical properties
virgin PTFE, reinforced with barium sulphate
- Temperature resistance of the sealing material
-210°C to +260°C
- Chemical Resistance
Chemically resistant to all media from pH 0 to 14, except molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine (for advice please contact our technical service).
- Recommended Field of Application
Vacuum up to 40 bar *
at -100°C to +200°C *
* depending on the respective application
- Tests / Approvals / Certificates
tested according to TA-Luft (VDI 2440) up to +230 °C
and VDI 2290 at 23 °C and 40 bar