multidirectionally expanded PTFE gasket sheets
multidirectional ePTFE sheets for universal use, TA-Luft tested, FDA compliant
multiFlon® ECO – gasket sheets are made of 100% pure, multidirectionally expanded PTFE, with virtually unlimited chemical resistance.
Characteristic for gaskets made of multiFlon® ECO gasket sheets is the high compensation capacity with regard to micro and especially macro unevenness of the sealing surfaces. Leakage channels caused by flange roughness and unevenness can be closed efficiently due to the high compressibility and excellent adaptability of the seal.
multiFlon® ECO gasket sheets enable sealing of a wide variety of flange geometries as well as operation in demanding and aggressive environments.
Standard flanges (also with larger diameters), apparatus flanges, complex designs
Steel flanges and flanges made of other metal alloys in force main connection
Sealing of pipelines and apparatus with highly aggressive media, applications in indirect contact in the food industry, use in non-critical pharmaceutical applications
- 100 % pure multidirectionally expanded PTFE
- easy to process
- chemically inert (for applications in contact with pure alkali metals and fluorine gas please contact our technical service)
- can also be used at elevated temperatures
- high density and stiffness
- very good adaptability
- high tightness and long service life
- high blow-out safety
- reduces plant and operating costs
100 % pure multidirectionally expanded PTFE
- Temperature resistance of the sealing material
-240°C to +270°C, briefly up to +315°C
- Chemical Resistance
Chemically resistant to all media from pH 0 to 14, except molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine (for advice please contact our technical service).
- Recommended Field of Application
Vacuum up to 40 bar *
at -240°C to +230°C *
* depending on the respective application
- Tests / Approvals / Certificates
TA-Luft (VDI 2440) to 230 °C and VDI 2290 at 40bar He
BAM for gaseous and liquid oxygen
Material conforming to:
FDA 21 CFR 177.1550 (PTFE)
EG1935 and associated regulations EG10/2011 and GMP
USP Class VI (not intended for implantation in the human body)